The 2011 World Green Energy Symposium | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
October 19th - October 21st, 2011
Pennsylvania Convention Center, Between Arch & Market Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Event Type: Conference
Tags: alternative energy, bio, Department of Commerce, DOE, economic, Energy, Environment, export green, Finance, government conference, Green Building, green construction, GSA, Jobs, low nuclear, Professor Gallagher, Renewable Energy, SBA, Solar, Wind, world green energy symposium
The City of Philadelphia, World Green Energy Symposium Council, Co-Hosts and Partners invite you to attend this event from October 19-21, 2011, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The World Green Energy Symposium is the premier B2B, G2G and B2G event held in the United States which draws decision makers, experts and leaders from government & industry from around the region, nation and the world in a platform of education and information exchange providing direct access to buyers, lenders, innovations and technologies.
This year’s 2011 WGES is composed of the following:
1. Symposium – October 19 (Day 1 opens at 1pm – 5:00pm followed by awards reception ) October 20 (opens 8:00am – session concludes at 4:30pm followed by networking reception – Master Class & Training sessions on a variety of topics including; Global Initiatives (International Round Table of Countries moderated by the US Department of Commerce); R&D Grants & Contracting, Transportation Urban Green Transit, Electric & Hybrid Technology; Exporting Counseling Sessions, Financing and Investing in Cleantech; Green Industry Procurement Panel, Doing GREEN Business with Federal Government (panel of US participating agencies); Solar Technologies; Finance Solutions; Reducing Carbon Footprint; Education Training Certifications; Green Building Technologies; Technology and Innovation; MIT Professor & Scientists address new advances in nuclear technology, GREEN marketing tips for government and industry charged with implementing these technologies in their training outreach sessions and other deliverables.
Evening Awards Reception (begins at 6:00pm– October 20, 2011)
2. Exhibitors– Federal, Local & State Agencies, Large Businesses, Academia, Innovators; only those providing the services, products, innovations, research, lending and contracting specific to the needs of the WGES participants are invited to exhibit, all WGES attendees will have the opportunity to network with each other, see demonstrations and participate in one-on-one sessions. (set-up morning of the 19th – tear down 5:30pm on the 20th)
3. Tours – on-site sessions via tours will be the focus of the 21st – conference attendees will have an opportunity to sign up for up to three different tours all included in the entry fee;
1) Back tour of the Pennsylvania Convention Center’s brand new LEED GOLD expansion by the program manager (the WGES will be held in the new energy efficient section of the convention center);
2) Back tour of the historic Philadelphia City Hall given by a City official;
3) Tour of the NAVY Yard which plays a key part in the commitment to turn Philadelphia into the “Greenest City in America.” All buildings in the Navy Yard must register with the United States Green Building Council’s Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) program. This once eyesore is now being converted into a central location for new green energy jobs and clean energy innovation.
The World Green Energy Symposium has been cited as one of the top 10 reasons why Philadelphia is considered a Global Clean Tech City (visit www.worldgreenenergysymposium.us to read article).
|[ Permalink ]|