This three-day workshop provides an overview of the requirements related to UL 1703 and IEC 61730. Participants will be able to identify the fundamental differences between the two standards. This course consists of classroom instruction, coupled with application exercises and quizzes.
A copy of the UL 1703 Standard is included in your workshop materials.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
– UL‘s role in making Photovoltaic (PV) products safe
– Review of UL 1703 requirements versus IEC 61730
– Overview of UL certification services in relation to PV products
– Describe and identify PV product types in relation to UL control numbers
– Identify purpose, key terminology and methods for the construction and performance sections of UL 1703
– Identify purpose, key terminology and methods for the construction and performance sections of IEC 61730
– Explain UL’s “hazard-based approach” to evaluating new products
– Define the current UL certifications services available for PV products
– Review typical non-compliant test results and determine appropriated responses.
– Interpret results for a given test
– Complete in-class quizzes on course materials
– PV Manufacturers
– PV Lab Technicians
– PV Sales Staff
|[ Permalink ]|